Marco Polo Journeys
Journeys that Embody the Spirit of Adventure
Created decades ago to appeal to our most dedicated travellers, Marco Polo Journeys SM continue to evoke the spirit of adventure with extraordinary itineraries rich in exotic destinations and unique insider-access moments. Offered in a select few departures, centered around unique destinations and festivals, and led by A&K's most revered Resident Tour Directors ®, these journeys deliver truly unforgettable adventures throughout the world.
Every Marco Polo Journey also includes:
- Complimentary Internet access during hotel stays, allowing you to keep in touch with friends and loved ones back home
- Award-winning luxury hotels and intimate boutique camps & lodges in one-of-a-kind locations
- Ride Like a Local, a chance to experience local life with an excursion by local transport
- Private airport transfers, regardless of when you choose to arrive and depart
- All gratuities except for your A&K Resident Tour Director, which is left to your sole discretion
- Irresistible dining and Chef's Table, a chance to experience a special menu or culinary demonstration by a local chef
- Travelling Bell Boy ®, our complimentary luggage handling service*
- Traveller's Valet ®, our complimentary laundry service at the midpoint of your journey
A Journey for Every Traveller
Marco Polo Journeys reveal the world in unique and surprising ways, and to help you choose the adventure that most suits you, we have organized each journey by theme.
About Marco Polo Journeys
Leading your Marco Polo Journey are A&K’s most popular and in-demand Resident Tour Directors - the best of the best. He or she brings your itinerary to life through decades, if not an entire lifetime, of firsthand experience in your destination. The result is a journey that transforms your understanding of a place, connecting you to the people and places you encounter in a way you’ll never forget.
Unique Events & Exotic Destinations
Marco Polo Journeys give you VIP access to the events and celebrations that lend each destination its unmistakable character, from the Chelsea Flower Show to Mongolia's festive Naadam games. These journeys can also feature exotic destinations just finding their way onto other travellers' radar, and Marco Polo travellers are often among the first A&K guests to visit emerging and off-the-beaten-path locales, such as Jordan, Uganda and Sri Lanka.
Unrivaled Insider Access
Thanks to our extensive and long-established local ties, A&K can offer access to people and sites far beyond the reach of the average traveller. Imagine watching a private kung fu demonstration in the place it originated, the Shaolin Temple, or attending a member’s only day at the Chelsea Flower Show. Wherever you travel, A&K takes you past the crowds of waiting tourists and into places no other travel company can go.
Intimate Groups of Just 18 Guests
Our journeys are created to connect you to your destination. That's why Marco Polo Journeys are limited to just 18 guests. This allows A&K to introduce you to the kind of people and places inaccessible to other travel companies. It also enables us to choose smaller, boutique properties that don't accommodate large groups and ensures more one-on-one interaction with your A&K Resident Tour Director.
*Not available on days with cruises, train rides or internal flights due to security requirements.
Click here to view Abercrombie & Kent 2016 Marco Polo Journeys